The UK is a great location for cycling, with thousands of cycling routes and clearly marked lanes for cyclists.
Why cycling is great
- Cycling improves cardiovascular fitness and general health. Plus it’ll tone up the muscles in your legs.
- Cycling is relaxing and enjoyable – especially with others.
- Beat the rat race and get to work without worrying about train delays or traffic jams
- You’ll get to see some great locations in the UK
There are plenty of other reasons too – so what are you waiting for?
Buying a bicycle
Follow our tips for buying a new bicycle:
- Spend as much as you can afford
- Read up before going to the shop and go well armed with information
- Get a properly sized bike
- Keep an inch clearance between the bike’s top tube and your nether regions
- Get the right saddle for your shape
- Check the gears are correct for you – if unsure ask the retailer
- Steer clear of second hand unless you know what to look for or have a friend who can help you
Where to cycle
There are lots of cycling locations in the UK. Try our cycling routes website for more details.
Other great sites include:
Don’t forget – to cycle on some British canalways you may need a permit.
If you are unsure, go here for more information.